Networker

[Networker] savepnpc and nsr_directives

2002-12-20 09:29:40
Subject: [Networker] savepnpc and nsr_directives
From: "francis.berges" <francis.berges AT LAPOSTE DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:29:36 +0100
I have some Nw clients running OR

hello networkers gurus

I have some Nw clients running ORACLE. As these clients can also be
file_servers, I define a particular
directive for these machines skipping oracle data as this data is saved via
rman or ebutool ( hot backup
daily and cold backup weekly) .
The backup command for my clients is undefined.

Now i want to make colds backups ( databases stopped ) without the help of
oracle tools( ie i Want to save
oracle files in a consistent state ), so i create a new client for this
machines having no particular directives
with backup command set to savepnpc and i create the pre and post processing
scripts starting and
shutting down the database. This work fine but may be ther is a simpler way to
do this.

So here are a few questions

     - if i set  backup type client to savepnpc on server , can i modify the
client directive in the
          file /nsr/res/groupname.res on the client ?
     - if i set backup type client to savepnpc on server do i need to create as
much /nsr/res/groupname.res
        ( even with no pre and post processing scripts )  for each group i use ?

Thank you and Have a nice week-end !

Francis

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 ?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)"