Networker

[Networker] Dates for clones?

2002-11-25 09:58:24
Subject: [Networker] Dates for clones?
From: "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris AT RDLG DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:48:21 -0500
No this isn't about some funky experiment with petridish dating games.

Ok, so my sense of humor is strange and I suck at telling jokes, that's
why I'm an admin right?

Currently we use this command to get a list of SSID's to clone off to
tape from file storage:

/usr/sbin/mminfo -s $legatoserver -t 'last month' -q
'level=full,pool=ONSITE' -v -o tR -r
'client,name,ssid,ssflags,nsavetime,copies,totalsize'

The script is doing some magic with sizes to limit the size cloned each
run.  ssflags is checked for a "v" for valid of course.

When the sets pass the checks it's added to a list to backup with the
command:

/usr/sbin/nsrclone -s $legatoserver -b '$pool' -S $ssids

My main concern though is the "last month".  Will this get sets that
somehow were missed and are older than 1 month?  In my list of "volumes"
I select one of my file devices and hit the top of the list.  There are
items that are 5+ months old that are aborted, recycleable and
"browseable".  The last of which makes me wonder if it has been cleaned
from the system correctly.

There is a separate script that runs after this one which should be
going through cleaning up what has been cloned off to tape, I'm still
trying to make sense of his logic.

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI: