Networker

Re: [Networker] Network Issues

2002-10-27 11:11:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Network Issues
From: vikram <vikrms AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:29:34 +0530
-----Original Message-----
From: vikram [mailto:vikrms AT hotpop DOT com]
Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 9:26 PM
To: 'Legato NetWorker discussion'
Subject: Network Issues

Hello

I find the most of the problems (like slow backup, n/w timeout,backup
failure etc etc) most of us face with Legato Networker s/w in the end
come out to be a Network related problems .

Before I install Legato Networker , I want to make sure that I don't
face any issues related to network. So I want t ask to all on this list

1. What are the recommended setting, parameters  on W2k/Unix boxes for
the network so that I can ensure that the problems during backup are not
because of network.

2. Is there any tool by which we can test network performance, bad
cables

   bad NIC , wrong settings etc.

3. Also when I install Networker what are the things I should take care
of    to get it working smoothly , like I really like the idea of using
"journaling on w2k boxes" or installing all the patches for a particular
networker version.

Regards
P Vikram
System Admin