Networker

Re: [Networker] Network Issues

2002-10-27 11:17:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Network Issues
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:17:21 -0500
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, vikram wrote:

> [...]

There's no way to supply a specific answer to your question. The best
settings for your servers depend on the type of network you have. One
thing that can be safely said, do not rely on auto-negotiation for
your network ports.

> 2. Is there any tool by which we can test network performance, bad
> cables

Yes, get a fluke. A fluke is a device that tests network connectivity and
performance. They're expensive though.

> 3. Also when I install Networker what are the things I should take care
> of    to get it working smoothly , like I really like the idea of using
> "journaling on w2k boxes" or installing all the patches for a particular
> networker version.

Most importantly, read the documentation.