Networker

Re: [Networker] Seagate tape drive block size issue

2002-10-10 18:08:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Seagate tape drive block size issue
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:08:01 -0400
Hi Stan;

There should be a registry entry for the device in question located under the
following:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\<devicename>

In our environment to change the block size of the 9840B, we had to change the
following:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aic78xx\Parameters\Device\MaximumSGList:REG_DWORD:0x11

You will have to do some searching depending on your device.

If you use a decimal value, they are as follows:

64k 17 decimal 11 hex
96k 25 decimal 19 hex
128k 33 decimal 21 hex
256k 65 decimal 41 hex
512k 129 decimal 81 hex

Good luck,

Carter Fowler
Hardware Service Technician
The City Of London
380 Wellington St. Suite 600
London, ON, CA, N6A 5B5
Off. 519.661.5711
Cel. 519.870.4956
E-mail. cfowler AT city.london.on DOT ca