Networker

[Networker] HELP~ How to recycle the tapes?

2002-09-13 19:08:36
Subject: [Networker] HELP~ How to recycle the tapes?
From: Mon-Sen Yang <myang AT PSDC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:07:54 -0700
Hi,

I am new to Legato Networker.  We are using Networker for Solaris v6.1.2 with
Sun StorEdge L9 Autoloader.  Everything works well so far.  The question I have
is how to recycle old tapes.  The Sun StorEdge L9 has 9 tape slots in it.  When
all 9 tapes are full, what I did is take out all the tapes and insert fresh
tapes, then use NWADMIN to label those tapes.  By doing this, Networker will
also mount those tapes and continue the backups.  We just used up all tapes and
I would like to recycle tapes from the first one.  I took out the last set of
the tapes from L9 and insert set of old tapes that was labeled 001~009.  I
can't figure out how to tell networker that I insert those tapes for recycling
purpose.  Any idea?

I did try to mount those tapes after I insert, but seems like I can only mount
one at a time and takes 10 min to do so.  After mount the old tape, it still
can't do the backup because those tapes are full.  Can someone instruct me
simple steps to make things work?  Thank you so much