Networker

[Networker] Storage Node with external DLT8000 devices

2002-09-09 17:49:23
Subject: [Networker] Storage Node with external DLT8000 devices
From: Scott Kampen <SKampen AT VERISIGN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:48:08 -0700
Hello,

I have 5 clients to backup at a remote site and I was told that I could
setup a Sun Ultra10 as a Storage Node with two attached external DLT8000
tape drives.  But when I run through "jbconfig -s nsrservername" from the
Storage Node server, the only choice I get are the 5 standard choices for
Jukeboxes and Silo's.  What is the command for setting up two external
devices which aren't a Jukebox?

Let's say my NSRserver is called "Frosty" and my Storage Node is called
"Rootbeer".

On "Rootbeer" I would type: jbconfig -s frosty and the result are below.

        1) Install a SmartMedia Jukebox.
        2) Install an Autodetected SCSI Jukebox.
        3) Install an Autodetected NDMP SCSI Jukebox.
        4) Install an SJI Jukebox.
        5) Install an STL Silo.

Are there other choices available?  What if I don't want to use a Jukebox or
Silo?

Thanks,
Scott Kampen
VeriSign