Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] minimum PostgreSQL version required? (Was: Re: Bacula Release 9.0.1)

2017-07-18 17:42:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] minimum PostgreSQL version required? (Was: Re: Bacula Release 9.0.1)
From: mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 17:25:25 -0400
In the message dated: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:58:26 +0200,
The pithy ruminations from Kern Sibbald on
<[Bacula-users] Bacula Release 9.0.1> were:
=> Hello,
=>
=> We are pleased to announce that we have just released Bacula version 9.0.1

What is the minimum PostgreSQL version required for Bacula 9.0.1?

I'm attempting to build Bacula under CentOS 6.9, using the
distribution-provided PostgreSQL 8.4, and the build is failing with
the error:

        postgresql.c: In member function ?virtual bool
BDB_POSTGRESQL::bdb_open_database(JCR*)?:
        postgresql.c:281: error: ?PQconnectdbParams? was not declared in this
scope

The Bacula manual states that PostgreSQL "version 7.4 or later"
is supported, but the function PQconnectdbParams seems to have been
introduced with PostgreSQL 9.0

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Bergman                                           voice: 215-746-4061

mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu                              fax:
215-614-0266
https://www.cbica.upenn.edu/
IT Technical Director, Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics
Department of Radiology                         University of Pennsylvania
          PGP Key: https://www.cbica.upenn.edu/sbia/bergman