Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delete canceled Job

2017-07-18 07:10:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delete canceled Job
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 13:09 +0200
On Tuesday 2017-07-18 12:22:43 Oliver Werner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve canceled one job because it was duplicated. 1 TB of this Job was
> written to LTO6 Tape. My question is now, how can i delete this 1 TB
> Data? Its possible?
>
> Thanks for the tips :)
> OLIVER WERNER

Hi,

If you are absolutely sure that this is the only job written to that
specific tape you could purge that volume and recycle it and then
update its status to Append. All of this could be done from the
bconsole tool.

If there are other jobs on that tape you could copy them to some other
volume before taking the steps I have mentioned above.

Otherwise, AFAIK it is not possible to remove the bytes that belong to
the failed job from the volume using normal bacula procedures.

There is also an option of manual database update but it comes with the
risk of human error and it is generally not recommended.

--
Josip Deanovic