Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting on Storage

2017-07-14 02:31:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting on Storage
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: dlucus AT emacinc DOT com, Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 00:30:26 -0600
On 07/14/2017 12:17 AM, Darold Lucus wrote:
> I have the same issue, I have four different storage devices. Only one Job per
> storage device can be run concurrently. Now different jobs from another
> storage device can run at the same time, 4 Jobs on 4 separate storage device
> will run at the same time, but never two jobs on the same storage device at
> once. I am not sure f this is just typical behavior for bacula storage daemon
> or if it is a setting that can be adjusted to make multiple jobs on the same
> storage device run concurrently. If someone has any extra insight on this I
> would greatly appreciate it as well.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Darold Lucus

Hi Darold,   (I am posting this reply to the list)

To help with this, I would ask to have you post all of the resource configs
like Jim did, and also post the bconsole output of:

* s dir

When you see only 1 job running while expecting multiple concurrency.

The 's dir' (status director) will tell us exactly what is preventing a job
from running...

Best regards,

Bill

--