Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

2017-07-12 16:12:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
From: Mick <general AT mickwilkinson.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:53:59 +0100

Hi,

I have been using Bacula for several years and have been able to compile successfully before but since 7.4.7 I have been getting an error when I run configure which causes make to fail.

---------------------------------

Error Message

In file included from xacl.c:1306:0:

xacl_linux.h:37:2: error: #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"

#error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"

--------------------------------------

OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

Packages installed:

acl

libacl-devel

libacl-devel-32bit

libacl1

libacl1-32bit

-----------------------------------

I use the following to compile:

#!/bin/bash

CFLAGS="-g -O2" \

./configure \

--sbindir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--sysconfdir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--with-pid-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-subsys-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--enable-smartalloc \

--with-mysql \

--with-working-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-dump-email=root \

--with-job-email=root \

--with-smtp-host=localhost \

--with-dir-password=mik \

--with-fd-password=mik \

--with-sd-password=mik \

--with-systemd \

--disable-acl \

--disable-xattr

The acl.h file exists on the system

I am getting similar errors with XATTR

I'd love to work out what is wrong but I'd be happy if I could just compile without ACL/XATTR support. I've searched for help but all I could find was some comments about altering some files after running config however I couldn't find any specific details (e.g. which files and what do you do with them).

Any help would be appreciated however I am not a C programmer so please keep it simple.

Thanks