Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula largest installations ever

2017-07-10 12:40:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula largest installations ever
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 13:39:06 -0300 (BRT)
> Hello bats:

Hello, Jason,

> I was wondering if you can share any of your biggest Bacula
> deployments you ever made. I mean anything like "I use Bacula to
> backup thousands of desktops/servers", or "I have a backup
> infrastructure with Bacula for more than 30TB of data being backed
> up".
>
> It's just that I want to know how robust and scalable Bacula might be
> compared to other competitors such as TSM, HP Dataprotector, Backup
> Exec, among others.
>
> This is because one of my customer want to backup more than 2,000
> desktops and a backup software is under evaluation.

Until my last information, Locaweb <https://www.locaweb.com.br/default> is the
largest Latin America Hosting company with more than 1.5PB of data backed up
with Bacula. I estimate (for less) they have at least 4,000 backup clients.

> Thanks in advance for your comments, if any.

For this size of workload, you might consider data reducing features such as
global deduplication, and automation ones such as application specific plugins.
Unfortunately, these are only available today on Bacula Enterprise
<https://www.baculasystems.com>, but licensing costs would be compensated with
significant storage and staff economy.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria | EB-1 Visa | LPIC-III | ITIL-F | EMC 05-001| Bacula
Systems Certified Administrator II
• Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 98268-4220 | http://bacula.us