Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum Authentication Error

2017-06-29 06:51:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum Authentication Error
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Joachim Zauner <j.zauner AT epcom DOT cc>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:50:01 +0200
Hello Joachim,

Could you try to re-generate your password by following command below
and put it to protected/Data/baculum.user file?

php -r "echo crypt('your_pass', base64_encode('your_pass'));"

Please put your password in place 'your_pass'.

The baculum.users file should be managed by the Baculum because
different passwords form have meaning for the Baculum.

Please also make sure that baculum.users file is writeable for the
Apache user and that you put the auth parameters to
protected/Data/settings.conf file.

It is usually difficult to configure Baculum from scratch. From this
reason I prepared binary packages.

I also propose using BETA Baculum 7.9 binary rpm and deb packages that
provide Bacula config module, API and separation between API and Web
parts. Full description is available here:

http://www.bacula.org/7.9.x-manuals/en/console/Baculum_API_Web_GUI_Tools.html

Best regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)

On 29 June 2017 at 09:23, Joachim Zauner <j.zauner AT epcom DOT cc> wrote:
> Hello List,
> i have a fresh Installation of Bacula (7.4.7) and Baculum (7.4.7) on a
> openSuse Leap 42.2 Server. Bacula is up and running. Now i want to configure
> Baculum with Apache (2.4.23)
> I followed the Instructions to configure Apache to use the default
> UserAuthentication File (protected/Data/baculum.users) and i can log on to
> the site. After that, i ran the Wizard to configure the connection and
> authorization. After running the wizard i wanted to use Baculum and now i
> get the Baculum problem: "Error 6 - authorization to Baculum error."
> I doublechecked every Point the description tells me - with no success.
> First, I realized that the PHP Variable HTTP_AUTHORIZATION was not set - so
> i added
>     SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1
> to .htaccess. After that, PHP_AUTH_USER was set but PHP_AUTH_PW was not - i
> changed the corresponding if-clause in protected/Init.php and now both
> Variables are set.
> But i still get the authorization error - without any additional Information
> what causes the problem. I also set the Flag "debug=1" in
> protected/Data/settings.conf but in the debug File i only get:
>
> Jun 29 07:12:10 [Debug] [Application] Command=setUrlParams, Output=
> EXECUTE URL ==> http://host-tmp.vpn.epcom.cc:9095/directors?director= <==
> , File=/opt/baculum/protected/Class/API.php, Line=138 (line 89,
> /opt/baculum/protected/Class/Logging.php)
> Jun 29 07:12:10 [Debug] [Application] Command=preParseOutput, Output=,
> File=/opt/baculum/protected/Class/API.php, Line=256 (line 89,
> /opt/baculum/protected/Class/Logging.php)
> Jun 29 07:12:10 [Debug] [Application] Command=preParseOutput, Output=,
> File=/opt/baculum/protected/Class/API.php, Line=277 (line 89,
> /opt/baculum/protected/Class/Logging.php)
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Joachim
>
> --
> -----------------------------
> epcom it-systeme GmbH
> Grimminggasse 27
> A-8940 Liezen
> fon: +43/3612/21269
> fax: +43/3612/90818
> http://www.epcom.cc
>
> Web-Applikationen & Services | Software-Entwicklung | Content Management |
> eCommerce- & Datenbankloesungen | Projektmanagement | Open Source
> Applikationen

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus