Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MyCatalog job fails

2017-06-23 09:33:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MyCatalog job fails
From: Charles <c AT charlesmatkinson DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:35:45 +0530
From: Brian Blater <brb.lists AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Subject: [Bacula-users] MyCatalog job fails

After several successful Catalog backups I'm all of a sudden getting the
following error in my backup:

JobId 137: BeforeJob: Can't find your catalog (MyCatalog) in director
configuration

If I look in bacula-dir.conf I see the following:

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbname = "bacula"; DB Address = "localhost"; dbuser = "bacula";
dbpassword = "*********"
}

So I'm not sure why this has stopped working. Any ideas for me to look for?
All the other jobs complete successfully.

Thanks,
Brian

We have fixed this error by fixing ownerships and permissions on /etc/bacula/*.conf files and our /etc/bacula/conf.d tree (we use a non-standard modular configuration scheme).

Working ownerships and permissions on /etc/bacula/*.conf files:
root@backup2:/etc/bacula# ls -l *.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root bacula 2357 Aug  9  2016 bacula-dir.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root    941 Aug  3  2016 bacula-fd.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root   2414 Apr 18 11:35 bacula-sd.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root    179 Jul 19  2016 bconsole.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root    587 Jul 19  2016 tray-monitor.conf

For the tree we have fixed with:
find /etc/bacula/conf.d -exec chown root:bacula {} +
find /etc/bacula/conf.d -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +
find /etc/bacula/conf.d -type f -exec chmod 640 {} +

Charles