Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-06-03 04:11:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 10:11:05 +0200
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Wanderlei previously reported that the update_bacula_tables script failed. It turned out to be a trivial oversight on my part. Consequently 3-4 days ago, I release version 7.9.1 that corrects this problem. I have not tested it on SQLite, as it is no longer supported.

I strongly encourage everyone who can to run regression tests on Branch-7.9. This code is now in production here, and I will release it in mid-June. I am a bit concerned that it has not been tested on enough different OSes, and on Windows.

Note: if you are running the regression tests, normally the script update_bacula_tables is not used (this is why I overlooked the error).

Best regards,

Kern