Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Change ClientRunBeforeJob script based on scheduler

2017-05-27 20:17:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Change ClientRunBeforeJob script based on scheduler
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 21:15:41 -0300 (BRT)
Hello, Dan,

> This type of approach will give you much more flexibility than modifying the
> Bacula code.

I really understand and respect your point of view, and I think the two ways of
invoking the per level job scripts could exist, providing even more flexibility!

>>   ClientRunBeforeJob = "\"C:\\Program
>> Files\\Bacula\\scripts\\test\\bck-sql.bat\"
>>   %l"

This "inception" of escaping characters is not exactly the easiest thing for
Microsoft SysAdmins to understand, the same thing for shell scripting.
My proposal is more automated, error proof and less time-consuming. We know
backup scripts might get complex, and manual labor is more expensive every day.

> --
> Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
> dan AT langille DOT org

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria | Bacula do Brasil
• Não seja tarifado pelo tamanho dos seus backups, conheça o Bacula Enterprise:
http://www.bacula.com.br/enterprise/
• Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company do Bacula Community:
http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/
(61) 98268-4220 | www.bacula.com.br
Indicamos também as capacitações complementares:
• Shell básico e Programação em Shell com Julio Neves.
• Zabbix com Adail Host.