Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] two SD on a server

2017-05-15 16:10:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] two SD on a server
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 13:50:27 -0600
On 05/15/2017 08:35 AM, Thomas Franz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in our opinion it is the best way to have one storage daemon for each
> storage device (more stable if one device ist lost etc.)
> Our configuration ( see below) works, but I have a problem with bconsole.
> In this configuration the status command of bconsole only shows the
> first storage !!!
> The second storage ist only shown if I change the "Address" , for
> example with the domain of a second network device ( Address =
> backup.seconddomain ).
> I don't understand this behavior and I don't like my hack .

Hi Thomas,

This is by design. If more than one Storage resource has the same "Address ="
defined (ie: multiple storage resources on on SD), Bacula "rolls them up" and
only shows the first one in selection lists.  Your "hack" is a valid way to
have Bacula show them all.

In cases where I really want to see all of them (for testing, demonstrating,
troubleshooting, etc), what I usually do is set up a different DNS A record
for each Storage resource and just point them all to the same IP on the SD
server.

Best regards,

Bill

--