Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 7.4.X

2017-03-30 11:11:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.4.X
From: Steven Hammond <bcf1689 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:10:29 -0500
We are currently using Bacula 5.  We've created a new test environment
to test out version 7.4.X.  It us running in an Ubuntu 16.04LTS VM with
Postgresql.  I didn't want to use the pre-packaged version (7.0.X) so I
downloaded the sources and compiled the latest.  My questions is this,
we have Windows servers we backup as well as Linux.  The windows servers
have the version 5 client on them.  Will the new test director running
v7 still be able to back them up (just for test purposes)?  Or do we
need to purchase new binaries for the windows servers?  Or since I'm
compiling the sources, do I need to somehow compile a client executable
to match the latest version?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steven Hammond
Technical Chemical Company