Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade from 5.2.13 to 7.XX

2017-02-15 09:51:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrade from 5.2.13 to 7.XX
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Steven Hammond <bcf1689 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:50:51 +0100
Hello,

bscan is very useful, but in my opinion, if you are using it, you have
done something wrong.  It would be a lot faster to start with a 5.2.13
database, prune or purge anything you don't want, and maybe run dbcheck
to clean it up a bit, then upgrade it.  Although I have not tried it,
the update_database_tables shipped in version 7.4.x should be able to
upgrade all the way from a 5.0 to the current database, and it will
probably do it in one execution. Even if it fails, it would probably be
easier to upgrade the database than get involved with a potentially very
lengthy bscan.

If you cannot get the upgrade to work in a reasonable time, you can
always fall back to bscan.

Best regards,
Kern