Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restore issue between different linux distributions

2017-01-30 10:43:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] restore issue between different linux distributions
From: Mike Fröhner <mikefroehner AT gmx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:41:51 +0100
Hello good people,

I always thought my 8 years of extensive usage of bacula makes me a
master of it, but I have failed :-p.

Currently, I am checking a foreign bacula setup for disaster restore
capabilities and I am running into a restore issue when I am trying to
restore data via bextract.

The setup is quite easy. There is one director: host-a (CentOS 6.5) and
two storages: store-a (sunOS) and store-b (Ubuntu 14.04). The store-b is
used for having a kind of an "off-site disaster backup" throught 'copy
jobs'.

The volumes from the bacula-sd on store-a are restorable without any
issues throught the director or bextract on any linux distribution. But
the volumes from the bacula-sd on store-b are only bextrable on Ubuntu
14.04. If I try to bextract the files on a CentOS it fails with: