Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape multivolume fill test fails on 7.4.4 but succeeds on 5.2.13

2017-01-28 04:43:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape multivolume fill test fails on 7.4.4 but succeeds on 5.2.13
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>, Caribe Schreiber <caribe AT auctionharmony DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:42:22 +0100
Actually, the situation is a bit more complicated.

It seems to be a false alert, but I haven't found the exact problem
yet.  The problem does not exist in version 5.2, but it does exist in
7.0, 7.2, and 7.4., and the problem does not exist in the Enterprise
Edition, so nothing is really fixed yet in the community version.  It is
interesting that is has been "broken" since version 5.2 -- quite a long
time.

For the moment it seems to be a trivial problem of the last block being
"saved" too early before the checksum is computed so that checksum in
the saved "last block" does not correspond to the block read back (i.e.
most likely a false alert).  By the way, the failure occurs with either
the single or the multiple tape test.

I am looking at the issue ...

Best regards,
Kern