Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Need some advice with Mac OS X 10.8.5

2017-01-25 15:49:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] Need some advice with Mac OS X 10.8.5
From: Ralf Winkler <ralf.winkler AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:48:00 +0100
Dear all,

it has been a while since I worked with  Bacula.
My last installation was in 2007.

I installed Bacula on a RHEL 7.3 and it works fine.
Now I want to backup my Mac too, the OS version is 10.8.5.
I need to keep the old version because of some programs on my Mac.

I tried to install the FD with homebrew at first.
I copied the Director entries (included the password) from the running system and was able to start the FD.
At first I got a problem with the password, they did not match.
I changed the password to something simple and then I was able to connect and ask the client status from the bconsole.
But every time I start the backup job, I got the message that the password for the sd that was provided from the director did not match.

After I was not able to fix the problem, I uninstall the bacula-fd from homebrew.

Then I tried the same with fink, but this time the bacula-fd did not start, without any error message.
At least the port 9102 was not in use, I checked it with nmap.
The same happen with the version from Macport (I found the website from Dan describing his way).

So I went back to homebrew again.
I kept the old config file which worked before, but now I get a new problem.

I get this message "hello.c:103-0 Connection from unknown Director xxxxxxxx rejected".

Might it be related to some other messages that I got in the debug session before?

local-fd: plugins.c:142-0 Found plugin: name=bpipe-fd.so len=11
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbac-7.4.4.dylib len=18
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbac.dylib len=12
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbaccfg-7.4.4.dylib len=21
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbaccfg.dylib len=15
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbacfind-7.4.4.dylib len=22
local-fd: plugins.c:139-0 Rejected plugin: want=-fd.so name=libbacfind.dylib len=16

I suspect that the rejected plugins are the source of my problems are.
Also it might be reason why the password was not proper transfer at first.

Here is the bacula-fd.conf:

Director {
  Name = name-dir
#  Password = "old-complicated-pw"
  Password = "secret"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = kvm.ralfwinkler.com-mon
  Password = "another-complicated-pw"
  Monitor = no
}

#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = my-name-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /usr/local/var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /usr/local/var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Plugin Directory = /usr/local/Cellar/bacula-fd/7.4.4_1/lib
}

I copied the configuration from the running system and only alter the File-Daemon name, and later the password for the director after it does not work.

And this is the client part in the director on the backup machine:

Client {
  Name = my-name-fd
  Address = iMac
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
#  Password = "old-complicated-pw"        # password for FileDaemon 2
  Password = "secret"        # password for FileDaemon 2
  File Retention = 60 days           # 60 days
  Job Retention = 6 months           # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                    # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Is anyone here who had the same problems and found a solution?
Or anyone who can point out where the problem is?

TIA,

Ralf Winkler