Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Delete volume file after retention time

2017-01-18 09:43:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Delete volume file after retention time
From: Daniel Heitepriem <daniel.heitepriem AT pribas DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:27:18 +0100
Hi guys,

I need some clarification regarding the terms "retention time" and "prune":

"Retention time": The time a file record and/or job record is stored in
the database. For example: "File retention = 30 days" means that a file
record is stored in the database for 30 days. If you do a restore in
this time you are able to select the file directly. After day 30 you can
just restore the whole job without a selection by files

"Prune": With the "AutoPrune" directive a volume is marked as "recycled"
and can be reused when the volume retention period is over. But the
volume isn't automatically rewritten unless "Recycle = yes" is present,
right?

My second question is whether it is possible for bacula to delete a
volume (also the created volume file on a hard disk) after a specific
amount of time (e.g. 4 weeks)? So I create a backup at the beginning of
the month and at the end of the month bacula is automatically deleting
all records from the database (File/Job/Volume retention would apply
here?) and also deletes the created volume file from the disk.

Thank you very much for enlightening me,

Daniel Heitepriem