Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is Virtual Autochanger for Multiple Disks writing still working?

2017-01-17 14:37:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is Virtual Autochanger for Multiple Disks writing still working?
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:36:17 -0500

On 1/17/2017 12:14 PM, Heitor Faria wrote:
Hello Heitor,
Hello, Kern! Thanks for the quick reply.
Bacula is quite literal (i.e. any spurious characters can cause problems).
Please try replacing your:

Changer Command = "/dev/null"

with either:

Changer Command = /dev/null

or

Changer Command = ""
I tried both ways. Now, with ChangerCommand = "", it seems to look for the other disk. But it always attach the first one:

The Storage resource in bacula-dir.conf related to the FileChgr1 autochanger resource specifies MediaType="File1", therefore it will never attach to Device resource Disco2, because Disco2 has MediaType="File2".

I don't believe it is possible to specify multiple media types for a single bacula-dir Storage resource. You could define two Storage resources, one for each MediaType and divide your jobs among those two. Or you could define two autochangers, one for each mountpoint, so that all of a particular autochanger's Device resources use the same mountpoint as the ArchiveDevice. Alternatively, you can look into vChanger (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/), which allows using multiple mountpoints as a single "library" of volumes having the same MediaType, and so a single Storage resource.