Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum: Cannot add non-admin users

2017-01-16 02:06:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Baculum: Cannot add non-admin users
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Sergio Belkin <sebelk AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 08:05:41 +0100
Hello Sergio,

This Console resource should be stored in Director configuration, not
in Bconsole configuration:

Console {
    Name = "BaculaRestrictedUser"
    Password = "XXXXXXf"
    CommandACL =
run,show,.client,.jobs,.fileset,.pool,.storage,.jobs,.bvfs_update,.bvfs_lsdirs,.bvfs_lsfiles,.bvfs_versions,.bvfs_get_jobids,.bvfs_restore,restore
    CatalogACL = *all*
    ClientACL = user-fd
    JobACL = somejob1,userjob
    PoolACL = Full-Pool
    StorageACL = VTL
    FileSetACL = somejob1-fileset,userjobFileSet3
    WhereACL = *all*
}

In Bconsole config you need to define Console resource as well but
with a bit different content.

Here you can see more information:

http://www.bacula.org/7.4.x-manuals/en/main/Console_Configuration.html

Please let know if it works after correction.

Good luck.

Best regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)

On 15 January 2017 at 23:08, Sergio Belkin <sebelk AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I use bacula 7.0.5, apache 2.4.6 and baculum-7.4.0-1.el7.centos.noarch
>>
>> I have no problems configuring only an admin user. But I cannot add
>> non-admin users:
>>
>> This what I did:
>>
>> 1) Run wizard
>>
>> So I get the following settings file:
>>
>> type = "mysql"
>> name = "bacula"
>> login = "bacula"
>> password = "XXXXXX"
>> ip_addr = "localhost"
>> port = "3306"
>> path = ""
>>
>> [bconsole]
>> bin_path = "/usr/sbin/bconsole"
>> cfg_path = "/etc/bacula/bconsole.conf"
>> cfg_custom_path = "/etc/bacula/bconsole-{user}.conf"
>> use_sudo = "1"
>>
>> [baculum]
>> login = "admin"
>> password = "XXXXX"
>> debug = "0"
>> lang = "en"
>>

>> EOF
>>
>> Then I add a new user through web UI, and now users files is as follows:
>>
>> cat /etc/baculum/Data-apache/baculum.users
>>
>> admin:xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> esteban:xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Of corse I've obfuscated passwords.
>>
>> When I try to login browser prompts me to enter user and password again
>>
>> apache error logs:
>>
>> [Sun Jan 15 18:20:56.469640 2017] [auth_basic:error] [pid 5322] [client
>> 192.168.6.26:60056] AH01617: user admin: authentication failure for "/":
>> Password Mismatch, referer: http://192.168.6.85:9095/
>>
>> I've tried even using htpasswd by hand with no success.
>>
>> Also I have bconsole file: /etc/bacula/bconsole-esteban.conf
>>
>> Console {
>>     Name = "BaculaRestrictedUser"
>>     Password = "XXXXXXf"
>>     CommandACL =
>> run,show,.client,.jobs,.fileset,.pool,.storage,.jobs,.bvfs_update,.bvfs_lsdirs,.bvfs_lsfiles,.bvfs_versions,.bvfs_get_jobids,.bvfs_restore,restore
>>     CatalogACL = *all*
>>     ClientACL = user-fd
>>     JobACL = somejob1,userjob
>>     PoolACL = Full-Pool
>>     StorageACL = VTL
>>     FileSetACL = somejob1-fileset,userjobFileSet3
>>     WhereACL = *all*
>> }
>>

>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!'
>> ~
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Sergio Belkin
>> LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org
>

> Well, now I get this error:
>
> Baculum problem
>
> Error 4 - problem with connection to bconsole.

> What can I do
>
> Please check if Bacula Director service is running.
> Please check in shell console if bconsole program is able to connect to
> Bacula Director service.
> [...]

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus