Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula does not delete OLD files from disk

2016-09-30 16:28:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula does not delete OLD files from disk
From: elm.ceis AT gmail DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:27:48 -0600

I have an issue with bacula version 5.2.6 on Debian.
bacula does not delete the physical files from disk after the retention period has expired. I have different paths ( disks) for different bacula jobs. let's say the backup location for client X is under drive 1 and the backup location for client Y is under drive 2. when the the retention period has expired for one of the incremental backup of client 1, bacula  marks it purged and uses the lable for creating a new incremental backup for client Y under disk 2, but it does not delete the OLD file from the disk1.

part of my bacula-dir configuration files related to purge:

Pool {

Name = IncrementalPool

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = yes