Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] No scheduled jobs - bacula 7.0.4

2016-09-29 08:58:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] No scheduled jobs - bacula 7.0.4
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ali Danish Mahmood (32940)" <ali.danish AT nadra.gov DOT pk>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:57:13 +0200
Hello Ali,

Do you use splitted Bacula configuration into smaller parts? I mean
inlcuding smaller config parts to main config by "@/some/config". If
yes, then you can check if you included right particular config.

You can do it for example by following bconsole command:

show job=vas-test-123

If you will see there schedules definition, it will mean that you have
included valid config and you need to search source of you problem
somewhere else.

Best regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)

On 29 September 2016 at 13:49, Ali Danish Mahmood (32940)
<ali.danish AT nadra.gov DOT pk> wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>

> I am trying to setup Bacula 7.0.4 on Ubuntu 16.04. I can take manual backups
> and run restore jobs successfully, however I am not been able to implement
> scheduled jobs although I have defined a schedule in my bacula-dir.conf.
>

> Issuing “status schedule” on bconsole yields “No scheduled jobs” , Here is
> my config
>

> bacula-dir.conf
>

> Schedule {
>
>   Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>
>   Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
>
>   Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
>
>   Run = Incremental mon-sat at 01:00
>
> }
>

> Job {
>
>   Name = "vas-test-123"
>
>   Type = Backup
>
>   JobDefs =  "DefaultJob"
>
>   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
>
>   Client = vas-test-123.nadra.gov.pk-fd
>
>   FileSet = "testing"
>
>   Storage = File1
>
>   Pool = Default
>
>   Messages = Standard
>
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>
>   where = /bacula_backup/
>
> }
>

> Bconsole output:-
>

> *status schedule
>
> No Scheduled Jobs.
>
> ====
>

> Am I missing something here ?
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Ali Danish Mahmood

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus