Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mark files/directories take 28hours

2016-08-25 02:19:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mark files/directories take 28hours
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: keithbacu AT yahoo DOT com, "Bacula-users at lists.sourceforge.net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 08:18:02 +0200
Hello,

The byte size of your files for restore is immaterial.  What affects the time to mark files is:

1. The version of Bacula you are running.  Very old versions are very slow.
2. The number of files in the fileset.
3. How much memory you have.
4. How well you have tuned your database.

The last two items are the most important.  With the fileset size you
have, you probably need professional help, though suggestions on this list
are always excellent.

Best regards,
Kern