Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula windows - end stations

2016-08-24 04:55:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula windows - end stations
From: Jan Gazda <Jan.Gazda AT sapienzaconsulting DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 08:54:38 +0000

Hello everyone,

We have configured bacula on our laptops ETH network IP and job scheduled to same time every day.

I would like to know if we can make backup solution with bacula more dynamic because people tend to move with their laptops and they are connecting to WiFi.

Is it possible to initiate incremental backup job only when the client is connected with his ETH NIC?

And what happens if client goes offline during backup, will the job complete or will be canceled?

Thank you.

Jan

Sapienza Logo Jan Gazda
ECLIPSE & Office IT Support Technician
Sapienza Consulting
Kapteynstraat 1
2201 BB Noordwijk
Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0) 71 407 6518
Fax: +31 (0) 71 407 6536
Mob: +31 682607099

Follow us on:
LinkedinTwitterYouTube

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email and/or any attachment in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not distribute, disclose, use, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Communicating by email is not 100% secure, error or virus free. It is your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect your system. If you communicate with us by e-mail you agree to take appropriate measures to minimise these risks when e-mailing us.

We may monitor, record, store and use any email communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention, to improve the quality of our customer service and to keep records of our business communications.

Sapienza Consulting Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 61 Rodney Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 9ER and registered number 2986023