Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore from offline disk files

2016-08-08 19:54:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore from offline disk files
From: Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:53:39 -0400
A given job can backup to multiple disk files (volumes). When restoring
a file, Bacula knows what volumes were used by the backup jobid. Does it
also know which volumes are needed to restore a given file, or does it
want all the volumes associated with the jobid and just seek through
them looking for the file it is restoring?

I guess I'm asking if all the volumes associated with the backup jobid
have to be made accessible before the restore? It may not make much
difference on an incremental, but if the file being restored is on a
full that may be a lot.

The issue is that retrieving the offline disk volumes is slow and
and it would be nice to not retrieve unnecessary ones.