Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mixed media types in a single autochanger with preferred order

2016-08-05 14:36:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mixed media types in a single autochanger with preferred order
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: mark bergman <mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 15:35:03 -0300 (BRT)
> I've got an autochanger with both LTO6 and LTO5 drives.
>
> I've got LTO6 and LTO4 media (the LTO4 media can be written in the LTO5
> drives, but not in the LTO6).

hello, Mark: so I suppose Devices have different Media Type, matching the tapes
one.

> The LTO6 and LTO4 media have different media types in the catalog.
>
> I would like to have all:
>
>       Full backups written to the LTO6 media
>
>       Incremental/Differential backups should be written to LTO4 media

Just put different tapes in different pools.

>       _unless_ no LTO4 media is available, in which case LTO6 media
>       can be used.

Use the Scratch pool to store your LTO6 tapes. If all tapes from LTO4 pool get
full, Bacula will fetch LTO6 tapes from Scratch.

> Can anyone suggest an example configuration of pools, storage devices,
> and autochanger to provide this behavior?

> Thanks,

Regards,

> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Bergman                                           voice: 215-746-4061
>
> mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu                              fax:
> 215-614-0266
> http://www.cbica.upenn.edu/
> IT Technical Director, Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics
> Department of Radiology                         University of Pennsylvania
>          PGP Key: http://www.cbica.upenn.edu/sbia/bergman

Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria