Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude Directory

2016-07-26 08:40:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude Directory
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Charles <c AT charlesmatkinson DOT org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:39:37 -0300 (BRT)
>> Hello,
>> I use Bacula 7.0.5 on CentOS6.4
>>
>> I want to exclude all directories with names like " thingy " without the
>> whole
>> way .
>>
>> ]FileSet
>> {
>>   Name = "FileSet_data"
>>   Include { Options { signature = SHA1; aclsupport = yes }
>>                 File = /data
>>    }
>>   Exclude
>>   {
>>                 File =  thingy
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> This don't exlude thingy directory.
>>
>> I have to write full name like
>> File = /data/thingy
>> to exclude the directory
>>
>> My problem is that this directory can be found in other subdirectories whose
>> name can be variable over time.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> In case you want to back up directories without their contents these
> work for /tmp, /var/tmp, /lost+found and /var/lost+found:
>
>        Options {
>            Exclude = yes
>            Regex = "^(/[^/]*)*/tmp/.*"
>            Regex = "^(/[^/]*)*/lost\\+found/.*"
>
> If you want to exclude the directories themselves as well as their
> contents, I understand it is simple but I do not have a tested solution
> to share

Hello, Folks. Maybe Regex is too powerful for that. That how I would do (e.g.):

FileSet {
  Name = "Full Set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      WildDir = "/*/test*"
      Exclude=yes
    }
    File = /
  }
}

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria | Bacula do Brasil
Próximas aulas telepresencial ao-vivo: http://www.bacula.com.br/agenda/
Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company Bacula:
http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/
61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br