Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude Directory

2016-07-26 03:19:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude Directory
From: Charles <c AT charlesmatkinson DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:48:33 +0530
On 26/07/16 11:39, bacula-users-request AT lists.sourceforge DOT net wrote:
> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 03:48:24 -0700
> From: Gama Ray <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
> Subject: [Bacula-users]  Exclude Directory
> To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
>
> Hello,
> I use Bacula 7.0.5 on CentOS6.4
>
> I want to exclude all directories with names like " thingy " without the
> whole way .
>
> ]FileSet
> {
>   Name = "FileSet_data"
>   Include { Options { signature = SHA1; aclsupport = yes }
>                 File = /data
>    }
>   Exclude
>   {
>                 File =  thingy
>   }
> }
>
> This don't exlude thingy directory.
>
> I have to write full name like
> File = /data/thingy
> to exclude the directory
>
> My problem is that this directory can be found in other subdirectories whose
> name can be variable over time.
>
> Thanks

In case you want to back up directories without their contents these
work for /tmp, /var/tmp, /lost+found and /var/lost+found:

        Options {
            Exclude = yes
            Regex = "^(/[^/]*)*/lost\\+found/.*"

If you want to exclude the directories themselves as well as their
contents, I understand it is simple but I do not have a tested solution
to share