Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unnecessarily duplicating backups

2016-07-19 09:38:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unnecessarily duplicating backups
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: ian AT zti.co DOT za
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:37:05 +0200
Hello Ian,

Bacula decides what to backup when the job starts. For differential ones, the mtime and ctime are checked against the start time of the last full backup job. For incremental ones, these times are checked agains the start time of the last full/incremental/differential one.

If you run a differential after a full, then an incremental, but the differential one hadn't finished before the incremental one starts, then the incremental would check the last full one. So you will have both differential and incremental identical.

Best regards,
Ana