Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup incorrect Level

2016-07-15 07:45:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup incorrect Level
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 13:44:17 +0200
Hello,

On 07/15/2016 01:19 PM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
> Hello Eric
>
> Thanks for response, but I was looking in src/jcr.h .code and I found
> this below, so I thought bacula should save the correct Level code.
>
> /* Backup/Verify level code. These are stored in the DB */
> #define L_FULL                   'F'  /* Full backup */
> #define L_INCREMENTAL            'I'  /* since last backup */
> #define L_DIFFERENTIAL           'D'  /* since last full backup */
> #define L_SINCE                  'S'
> #define L_VERIFY_CATALOG         'C'  /* verify from catalog */
> #define L_VERIFY_INIT            'V'  /* verify save (init DB) */
> #define L_VERIFY_VOLUME_TO_CATALOG 'O'  /* verify Volume to catalog
> entries */
> #define L_VERIFY_DISK_TO_CATALOG 'd'  /* verify Disk attributes to
> catalog */
> #define L_VERIFY_DATA            'A'  /* verify data on volume */
> #define L_BASE                   'B'  /* Base level job */
> #define L_NONE                   ' '  /* None, for Restore and Admin */
> #define L_VIRTUAL_FULL           'f'  /* Virtual full backup */
>
> If I run a VirtualFull Is not possible to determine if it's a Full
> backup or VirtualFull backup just looking in the catalog?

This constant is used in the code, not in the catalog.

> Another question:
>
> In manual (pdf) says the following:
> In some respects the Vbackup feature works similar to a Migration job,
> in that Bacula normally reads the data from the pool specified in the
> Job resource, and writes it to the Next Pool specified in the Job
> resource. Note, this means that usually the output from the Virtual
> Backup is written into a different pool from where your prior backups
> are saved.
> Doing it this way guarantees that you will not get a deadlock situation
> attempting to read and write to the same volume in the Storage daemon.
>

> I've tryed to do a VirtualFull to the same Storage, but in bconsole I
> receive this status:
>  8  Back Virt          0         0  Backup_Maquina_Wanderlei is waiting
> on Storage "StorageLocal1"

Here, the message indicates that the Storage resource is probably not
configured properly.

> I have the option "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in all resources that are
> necessary

I would advise to double check ;-)

> Pool{
>   Name = "Daily"
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>   Autoprune = yes
>   LabelFormat = "Volume-Daily-${NumVolsDaily+:p/4/0/r}"
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 4Gb
>   Maximum Volumes = 15
>   NextPool = "VirtualFull"
>   Storage = StorageLocal1
> }
>
> Pool{
>   Name = "VirtualFull"
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>   Autoprune = yes
>   LabelFormat = "Volume-VirtualFull-${NumVolsVirtualFull+:p/4/0/r}"
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 4GB
>   Maximum Volumes = 25
>   Storage = StorageLocal1
> }
>

> Bacula does not allow VirtualFull to the same storage and different pool?

Yes, if your storage is properly configured. You need 2 devices at least
in your Storage Daemon.

Best Regards,
Eric

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com