Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup incorrect Level

2016-07-15 07:20:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup incorrect Level
From: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
To: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:19:28 -0300
Hello Eric

Thanks for response, but I was looking in src/jcr.h .code and I found this below, so I thought bacula should save the correct Level code.

/* Backup/Verify level code. These are stored in the DB */
#define L_FULL                   'F'  /* Full backup */
#define L_INCREMENTAL            'I'  /* since last backup */
#define L_DIFFERENTIAL           'D'  /* since last full backup */
#define L_SINCE                  'S'
#define L_VERIFY_CATALOG         'C'  /* verify from catalog */
#define L_VERIFY_INIT            'V'  /* verify save (init DB) */
#define L_VERIFY_VOLUME_TO_CATALOG 'O'  /* verify Volume to catalog entries */
#define L_VERIFY_DISK_TO_CATALOG 'd'  /* verify Disk attributes to catalog */
#define L_VERIFY_DATA            'A'  /* verify data on volume */
#define L_BASE                   'B'  /* Base level job */
#define L_NONE                   ' '  /* None, for Restore and Admin */
#define L_VIRTUAL_FULL           'f'  /* Virtual full backup */

If I run a VirtualFull Is not possible to determine if it's a Full backup or VirtualFull backup just looking in the catalog?

Another question:

In manual (pdf) says the following:
In some respects the Vbackup feature works similar to a Migration job, in that Bacula normally reads the data from the pool specified in the Job resource, and writes it to the Next Pool specified in the Job resource. Note, this means that usually the output from the Virtual Backup is written into a different pool from where your prior backups are saved.
Doing it this way guarantees that you will not get a deadlock situation attempting to read and write to the same volume in the Storage daemon.

I've tryed to do a VirtualFull to the same Storage, but in bconsole I receive this status:
 8  Back Virt          0         0  Backup_Maquina_Wanderlei is waiting on Storage "StorageLocal1"

I have the option "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in all resources that are necessary

Pool{
  Name = "Daily"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Purge Oldest Volume = yes
  Autoprune = yes
  LabelFormat = "Volume-Daily-${NumVolsDaily+:p/4/0/r}"
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4Gb
  Maximum Volumes = 15
  NextPool = "VirtualFull"
  Storage = StorageLocal1
}

Pool{
  Name = "VirtualFull"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Purge Oldest Volume = yes
  Autoprune = yes
  LabelFormat = "Volume-VirtualFull-${NumVolsVirtualFull+:p/4/0/r}"
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4GB
  Maximum Volumes = 25
  Storage = StorageLocal1
}

Bacula does not allow VirtualFull to the same storage and different pool?

Atenciosamente

Wanderlei Hüttel

Hello Wanderlei,

On 07/14/2016 08:33 PM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
> I've made some tests to check how it works VirtualFull backup, and it
> looks worked fine, but the level of backup was saved in the database
> with "F" (Full) not "f" (Virtual Full).
>
> I'm running Bacula 7.4.2
>
> Is this correct?

Yes, f means failed. A Virtual Full is seen like a Full backup in the
database, so it uses the same code.

Best Regards,
Eric

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com