Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir dies with db version error - "Wanted 12, got

2016-06-21 10:50:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir dies with db version error - "Wanted 12, got
From: "Vanush "Misha" Paturyan" <misha AT cs.nuim DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:49:32 +0100
On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 11:41:18AM -0300, Heitor Faria wrote:
> > Hello
>
> > You can try stop mysql, and move the directory /var/lib/mysql/bacula to
> > another
> > safe directory.
>
> > Then you can try run mysql and see if it works.
>
> > If you have a dump of mysql you just mysql -u root < catalog.dump, or you
> > need
> > to use BLS and BEXTRACT to get catalog.dump from volumes.
>
> Hello, Wanderlei: is it possible for him to have upgraded Bacula and forgot
> to run the upgrade db script?

I think its the other way around: sometimes between reboots MySQL got
upgraded to version 15, but not restarted, so the old version of MySQL
was still running. Then after the reboot new version of MySQL was
loaded in the memory, causing bacula to emit this error.

Just my two cents.

Misha

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan