Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir dies with db version error - "Wanted 12, got 15"

2016-06-21 10:15:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir dies with db version error - "Wanted 12, got 15"
From: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:14:40 -0300
Hello

You said you just reboot the server. You didn't restore the mysql database?
It seems you have an newer version of catalog and restored an older one.

Atenciosamente

Wanderlei Hüttel

Hi,

I was backing up an NFS volume from a NAS, when the NAS crashed, and the backup aborted.

The next backup got a database error, so I reboot, and started up bacula-fd, bacula-sd without problem, but starting up bacula-dir, it dies with:

[root@bkpcentos6 bacula]# cat /var/log/bacula/bacula.log
21-Jun 09:44 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Version error for database "bacula". Wanted 12, got 15
21-Jun 09:44 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
21-Jun 09:44 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Version error for database "bacula". Wanted 12, got 15
21-Jun 09:44 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /root/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.conf

So, I think my db got corrupted.  I looked in the /var/lib/mysql/bacula directory, where db resides, and it looks ok, but obviously something is wrong.

Any ideas what to look at?