Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-7 tape drive settings in bacula 7.4.0

2016-05-25 15:13:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO-7 tape drive settings in bacula 7.4.0
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 19:12:08 +0000
I understand using the Maximum File Size directive, but the other two are unnecessary (documentation even says this) and is most likely causing your issues.  A lot of these directives came about with older technologies in the tape arena and should not be used.  You should read up on LTO from the consortium (lto.org) and on wikipedia.  There’s a lot of good info on the how and why of LTO.

Patti