Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Catalog backup failing after system restore

2016-05-15 23:39:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] Catalog backup failing after system restore
From: Jerry Lowry <michaiah2007 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:38:34 -0700
Hi all,

I am just finished recovering a system disk boot failure on one of my backup servers.  It is running Centos (6.6/6.7 now); Mysql 5.6.28/5.6.30 (now) and Bacula 5.2.13.
Fortunately the system disk did not die, just some boot problem and I could tell that it was not spinning like it should.  So I was able to pull the Bacula database directory from the old disk. I went ahead and reinstalled all of the products and then was able get Mysql configured the same way for Bacula.  All of the system backups are working without any problems, but the catalog backup is failing with the following errors:
15-May 13:25 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: shell command: run BeforeJob "/usr/bacula/bin/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
15-May 13:25 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: BeforeJob: Warning: Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
15-May 13:25 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: BeforeJob: Warning: mysqldump: ignoring option '--databases' due to invalid value 'bacula'
15-May 13:25 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: BeforeJob: mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'bacula.RestoreObject' doesn't exist when using LOCK TABLES
15-May 13:41 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: BeforeJob: Error: Couldn't read status information for table RestoreObject ()
15-May 13:41 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: BeforeJob: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show create table `RestoreObject`': Table 'bacula.RestoreObject' doesn't exist (1146)
15-May 13:41 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned non-zero status=2. ERR=Child exited with code 2
15-May 13:41 kilchis-dir JobId 30402: Error: Bacula kilchis-dir 5.2.13 (19Jan13)

When I look at the database and try to select from that table, I get an error saying the table does not exist.  But it shows up when I do a 'show tables;' in mysql.

Does any one have any words or thoughts as to why this is failing?  I have not looked at the perl script yet, but it did not change as I am running the same version as before.

thanks for the help!

jerry