Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] relabeled offsite copydisk

2016-04-20 02:43:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] relabeled offsite copydisk
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Jerry Lowry <michaiah2007 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:42:38 +0200
Bacula never looks at any name that may be associated with a disk and that can be changed by parted.  Bacula only looks at filenames in a filesystem that resides in a disk partition.  If you have not modified any of the partitions, everything should still be on the disk and Bacula should not know the name was changed.  If you modified a partition containing Bacula data and you only extended it, Bacula will work fine.  If you moved the partition or combined it with a partition in front of it, the filesystem will be effected, and may even have been reformatted causing all the data to be lost.

The net result of the above is that you may not need to reset any of the flags in the database.  If you really do need to reset the copy flag, I recommend that someone else on this list work with you on that.

Best regards,
Kern