Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing Up A Large Disk

2016-04-15 10:18:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing Up A Large Disk
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Daniel Davidson <danield AT igb.illinois DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:17:49 -0300 (BRT)
I am trying to back up a large disk that is greater than the size of the disk that I save my data to (eventually it gets migrated to tape).
The issue is that I have it run for 16 hours at max, but when those 16 hours end, it marks the jobs canceled by user, and I cannot migrate it to tape.  Also when I run the job again, it starts over from scratch instead of continuing from where it left off.  Is there a way to change this?  I have a feeling that if I removed the time limit, I would hit the same problem when the disk fills.
Hello, Daniel: canceled jobs cannot be resumed, but you could do that if you use the new 7.4 stop command. Another thing is you can create more than one Job for this same machine with different FileSet and different folders, in order to split the backup workload / migration process.
But since you are short on disk storage you might consider using Disk Spooling instead of backing up to disk and migrate, or even directly to tape.

Regards,