Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing Up A Large Disk

2016-04-15 10:06:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing Up A Large Disk
From: Daniel Davidson <danield AT igb.illinois DOT edu>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:05:25 -0500
I am trying to back up a large disk that is greater than the size of the disk that I save my data to (eventually it gets migrated to tape).

The issue is that I have it run for 16 hours at max, but when those 16 hours end, it marks the jobs canceled by user, and I cannot migrate it to tape.  Also when I run the job again, it starts over from scratch instead of continuing from where it left off.  Is there a way to change this?  I have a feeling that if I removed the time limit, I would hit the same problem when the disk fills.

Dan

Here is the appropriate part of my director config:

Job {
  Name = "file-server Backup"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = file-server-fd
  FileSet = "file-server Set"
  Pool = 45tZFS
  Messages = Standard
  Max Run Time = 16h
}

Client {
  Name = file-server-fd
  Address = file-server.igb.illinois.edu
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "xxxxxxxx"        # password for FileDaemon 2
  File Retention = 60 days           # 60 days
  Job Retention = 6 months           # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                    # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Parts of two job logs that show it starts over:

2016-04-13 14:28:58

bacula-dir

No prior Full backup Job record found.

No prior or suitable Full backup found in catalog. Doing FULL backup.

2016-04-14 08:09:46