Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] build RPM for FD 5.2 in CentOS 6

2016-04-13 06:30:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] build RPM for FD 5.2 in CentOS 6
From: Norbert Gomes <norbert.gomes AT univ-orleans DOT fr>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:28:48 +0200
Hi

I have to build a rpm for the bacula-fd 5.2 in Cent OS 6, and follow
this page :
http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Bacula_RPM_Packaging_FAQ.html

I downloaded and extracted the bacula-5.2.13.tar.gz file, then :

Looked at the bacula.spec.in file in "platforms/rpms/redhat/bacula.spec.in"

Tried to build with this command :

rpmbuild -ba --define "build_centos6 1" --define "build_client_only 1"
platforms/rpms/redhat/bacula.spec.in

But if fails with
error: line 457: empty tag: Distribution:

The line in the spec file is :

I think that the _dist variable is empty because in the precedent lines,
the centos6 condition is missing :

%if %{centos5} || %{centos4} || %{centos3}
%define _dist %(grep CentOS /etc/redhat-release)
%endif

If I add a centos6 condition, the same error message appears.

Anyone has an idea, or is there another way to build a RPM file ?

Regards

Norbert