Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup strategy advice

2016-03-25 15:05:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup strategy advice
From: Eddie Appel <eddie.appel AT j2 DOT com>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:19:23 -0700

On 03/25/2016 11:14 AM, Heitor Faria wrote:
Having the same media type between the two changers actually produced a scenario wherein bacula became confused with slot numbers and pool inventory. If memory serves, it was Kern who suggested I use LTOa and LTOb as media types between the changers to avoid this contention.
Hello, Eddie: sorry by para shooting this. I think you must use at least two different pools if you have the same media type for both autochangers (E,g,: Daily-Changer1, Daily-Changer2 etc.), or different media types withing the same pool.
Hi Hector, no worries this is actually a Great idea, I will test this out over this weekend and report back...
Different media types in the same pool!

so then I would not need 6 pools, but 3 with both LTO5a and LTO5b volumes...

If however, I can mange a single set of pools/volumes/schedules across both changers, that would be ideal...
Would this be a single bacula-sd with 2 storage resources, or 2 individual bacula-sd with a single storage resource each?
I think this just doesn't matter.
I believe you are correct here, as my testing revealed no difference between the two different setups...

Thanks,

--eddie

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/

www.j2.com

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. � 2015 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax �, eVoice �, Campaigner �, FuseMail �, KeepItSafe � and Onebox � are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.