Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup strategy advice

2016-03-25 14:18:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup strategy advice
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Eddie Appel <eddie.appel AT j2 DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:14:14 -0300 (BRT)
Having the same media type between the two changers actually produced a scenario wherein bacula became confused with slot numbers and pool inventory. If memory serves, it was Kern who suggested I use LTOa and LTOb as media types between the changers to avoid this contention.
Hello, Eddie: sorry by para shooting this. I think you must use at least two different pools if you have the same media type for both autochangers (E,g,: Daily-Changer1, Daily-Changer2 etc.), or different media types withing the same pool.
If however, I can mange a single set of pools/volumes/schedules across both changers, that would be ideal...
Would this be a single bacula-sd with 2 storage resources, or 2 individual bacula-sd with a single storage resource each?
I think this just doesn't matter.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/