Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client

2016-03-14 18:17:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client
From: Richard <lists-bacula AT listmail.innovate DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 22:11:36 +0000

> Date: Monday, March 14, 2016 17:00:51 -0500
> From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
>
> On 03/14/2016 04:45 PM, maaf4d wrote:
>> How would I change that? Maybe that is my issue
>
> Sorry. I played with OpenStack a year or so ago and decided it
> wasn't worth my time. So I've no idea, all I can tell you is 127/8
> is the loopback address as defined in RFC1122 and will not be
> routed outside localhost.

Are you specifying an IPnumber on the "address" directives? E.g.,

   SDAddresses = { ip = {
      addr = 127.0.0.1; port = 9103; }
  }

If so, and you're using "127.0.0.1", then it will only listen in the
internal interface, not the external, which is what your netstat is
showing. I believe that there are options for this for all the
daemons.

from the current documentation:

SDAddress = <IP-Address> This directive is optional, and if it is
specified, it will cause the Storage daemon server (for Director and
File daemon connections) to bind to the specified IP-Address, which
is either a domain name or an IP address specified as a dotted
quadruple. If this directive is not specified, the Storage daemon
will bind to any available address (the default).