Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Change in behaviour with 7.4 when truncating volumes

2016-02-28 16:35:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Change in behaviour with 7.4 when truncating volumes
From: "Brady, Mike" <mike.brady AT devnull.net DOT nz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:28:34 +1300
I am seeing a change in behaviour with Bacula 7.4 to what I had seen on
previous releases when truncating volumes.

I have a job that contains the following:

   RunScript {
       RunsWhen=Before
       RunsOnClient=No
       Console = "prune expired volume yes"
       Console = "truncate allpools storage=S-FilesForTape"
       Console = "truncate allpools storage=File"
   }

The prune and truncate is doing what it has always done, except that
every volume for a particular storage that is marked as purged is
written to every time the truncate command is run.  For previous
releases (7.0.x and earlier - I haven't run 7.2) the behaviour was that
only purged volumes that had not been truncated were written to (i.e.
the truncate was done).

Possibly related, I see that volumes that are marked as purged have a
non zero job count.

Are these expected behaviours?

Regards

Mike