Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Volume generator on pool (and presentation)

2016-02-25 09:17:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Volume generator on pool (and presentation)
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Giuseppe Moscato <giuseppe.moscato AT nextip DOT it>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:14:03 +0100
Hello Guiseppe,

The volume use duration period begins from the time of first data written to the volume. And this specific time is a slightly different from the scheduled time for your first job writing to the volume.

In your case, you have your job scheduled to start at 23:05:00. The first data written will be 1 or more seconds after the job starts. When your job starts the next day at 23:05, the volume used the day before will still be available because it will be available for 24 hours, lets say until 23:05:02.

Given this situation, you can set your volume use duration to 23 hours (if your jobs will be writting to this volume for 23 hours, for example).

Best regards,
An