Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatic Volume generator on pool (and presentation)

2016-02-19 06:02:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatic Volume generator on pool (and presentation)
From: Giuseppe Moscato <giuseppe.moscato AT nextip DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:25:19 +0100
Hi!
I'm Giuseppe moscato aka peppeska from Milan (Italy).
I'm happy to have the opportunity to use Bacula system for work purpose!

I'm new in Bacula so I have a little question...

I have this Daily pool:

Pool {
  Name = Daily
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes

  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 2 weeks

  Label Format = VolDaily_
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
  Maximum Volumes = 100

  #Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  #Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Volume Use Duration = 24h
}

In this Pool I used "Volume Use Duration = 24h" 'cause I would like that bacula change Volume every day...
but this down not happen..

why??

Fro complete information i write my complete scheduling:

Schedule {
  Name = "ScheduleNip"
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Monthly 1st sun at 23:05
  Run = Level=Differential Pool=Weekly 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Daily mon-sat at 23:05

  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on jan 1 at 1:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on mar 1 at 1:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on may 1 at 1:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on jul 1 at 1:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on aug 1 at 1:00
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Archive on oct 1 at 1:00
}

Pool {
  Name = Archive
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes

  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 24 months

  Label Format = VolArchivie_
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
  Maximum Volumes = 100

  #Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  #Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Volume Use Duration = 12 months
}

Pool {
  Name = Monthly
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes

  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days

  Label Format = VolMonthly_
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
  Maximum Volumes = 100

  #Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  #Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Volume Use Duration = 1 month
}

Pool {
  Name = Weekly
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes

  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 4 weeks

  Label Format = VolWeekly_
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G
  Maximum Volumes = 100

  #Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle Current Volume = yes
  #Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Volume Use Duration = 1 weeks